Recipe: Celebrate Good Times In Lockdown With Homemade Pizza
What’s better than a scrumptious pizza packed with our favourite toppings? This recipe for homemade pizza by Grace Stevens is a sure winner and the perfect lockdown treat.
This recipe is so quick and easy to make; you can even get the kids involved in the process. From making the dough and eating the pizza, it’s about 30 minutes. What’s more is that you can use whatever toppings you have available and ensure you create your own unique masterpiece. Family fun at it’s best.
Here’s what you’ll need:
750 ml Flour
300 ml Water
15 g Fresh Yeast (10ml instant yeast)
5 ml Salt
30 ml Oil (olive if you have)
1 Tin of Tomato and Onion Mix
1 Mozzarella Cheese or cheese of your choice, grated
1 Favourite Toppings
1. Preheat oven to 260ºC
2. Combine the yeast, oil and water and mix well.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt.
4. Pour in the yeast mixture and mix well.
5. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead until a smooth dough is formed. About two minutes.
6. Divide dough into six balls.
7. Roll each ball out with a rolling pin as thin as you like your crust.
8. Place dough onto a prepared baking sheet.
9. Spread tomato mix onto the base and top with mozzarella cheese.
10. Add toppings of your choice.
11. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until golden. Start 8min timer.
12. Serve hot.