A Comfortable Home Starts with REHAU Windows
Windows and doors are essential in every building, yet all too often inefficient windows and doors are chosen, resulting in homes that are either too hot or too cold and are unpleasant due to high levels of outside noise.
The solution is to install REHAU uPVC windows and doors that keep you comfortable, irrespective of weather conditions or noise outside. Even better would be to install REHAU double glazed uPVC windows!
What is Double Glazing?
Double glazed windows and doors consist of uPVC frames fitted with TWO panes of glass instead of just one pane. The two panes have a 12mm to 16mm gap between them. This gap contains either air or it can be filled with argon gas for increased energy efficiency. The two glass panes plus air space are sealed to form an airtight glass unit which is fitted into the REHAU uPVC window/door frame.
The science behind double glazing is that two panes of glass, plus the air gap between them, act as a layer of insulation, inhibiting temperature and noise transfer from outside into your home.
Benefits of REHAU double glazed uPVC windows and doors
- Adversely high or low temperatures outside do not interfere with your comfort inside your home.
- Should you still want to heat or cool your home, you will need less energy as the temperatures generated inside your home will not escape to the outside via the glass or window/door frame.
- REHAU’s double glazed uPVC windows and doors are virtually watertight and airtight, keeping the dust, dirt and rain out.
- Double glazed uPVC windows and doors are very effective in reducing outside noise. A combination of special glass panes can reduce the intrusion of noise even further, making your home quiet and serene, even if you live close to highways or airports.
- REHAU double glazed uPVC windows and doors provide increased security. It is very difficult to break into a home through a window or door with double glazing, especially when equipped with high security multi-point locks.
Contact REHAU in Johannesburg on 011 2011300 or in Cape Town on 021 982 1254 for more information on how to replace your traditional windows and doors.