Kneeling ergonomic chairs don’t really look like chairs at all, but they’re very healthy for the lower back and spine. Sitting for extended hours on end can wreak havoc on the back, and that’s why we love stylish kneeling chairs that bring support and health back to the office.
Kneeling chairs are typically made with no back or a small back, a seat cushion and shin cushions so that the user is kneeling and sitting at the same time. The weight of the person on the chair is then distributed to the lower hips and shins, creating a much healthier position for the spine.
Advantages of Kneeling Ergonomic Office Chairs:
- Improves posture
- Reduces lower back strain
- Relieves muscle and joint stress
- Spine alignment: The pelvis is tilted forward and the spine adopts the correct alignment.
- Strengthening of core and back muscles over time.
- Evenly distributed weight – eliminates added stress on the body.
Disadvantages of Kneeling Ergonomic Chairs:
- Leg discomfort
- Only ideal for individuals who sit for short periods
- Can be difficult to get in and out of
- Leg movements are restricted
Kneeling chairs are innovative and solve a real problem in the office. The best use is possible in conjunction with a traditional office chair. Poor posture, circulation, and back pain come from sitting for prolonged periods of time in the same position- by alternating between a regular and kneeling chair throughout the day, you can practice active sitting that can greatly reduce these ailments.
For more visit Ixaxa Office and find the perfect office furniture solutions to meet your needs.