When it comes to your kitchen, be sure to invest in quality lighting to help you make the most of this space. Here we share five ways to add striking lighting solutions that will certainly make a lasting impression in the kitchen.Layered lighting is essential in any room. When planning your kitchen lighting be sure to think of all the areas you want highlighted or illuminated. Invest in layering lighting to take care of all your needs – and be sure to include task, accent and general lighting in this space.
Plan task lighting first to give you light where you really need it most, and then add accent lighting for appeal and visual interest. Lastly, add general lighting to fully illuminate your space.
Combine all of these different layers of light to achieve the right ambience and you’ll have a winning combination in the kitchen. Think out of the box and find interesting ways to illuminate the kitchen. Here are a few tips to try at home:
- Light up your kitchen drawers and cabinets. This is a great way to introduce light and a stylish new element where you need it most. Imagine the convenience of opening up a drawer or cabinet in the kitchen and having the right light to find everything you need.
- Choose the right lighting for your counter tops. In the kitchen, you’ll need ample lighting above your counters where most of your kitchen prep work takes place. You could also install under counter lights to illuminate your space.
- Add the right lights to your kitchen island. Consider adjustable accent heads or recessed fixtures to light the tasks on kitchen islands. Decorative pendants can be added as an additional layer of lighting later.
- Don’t forget the kitchen sink. Be sure to invest in lighting near your sink so you can actually see what you’re doing when you are cleaning the dishes. Place one or two spots or a recessed can over the centre of the sink to make washing up a little easier.
- Add a striking chandelier or pendant. These will make for a wonderful feature in your kitchen – in the middle of the room as a singular unit, or as a group of pendants over a counter.
Add a little sparkle to your kitchen with the many options now available from Floating Designs:
Shop the look with the latest lighting solutions for your home.
Contact: Floating Designs.