When it comes to flooring for schools there are a number of factors to consider. It has to be tough enough to withstand the thousands of feet per day as well as everything being pushed, thrown and kicked around on it. It needs to be easy to clean and maintain over time. Most importantly though it needs to provide a safe, healthy and comfortable environment for students and staff.
Traviata Floorings LVT ranges tick all the boxes for school flooring applications. Both the Traviloc interlocking and the Elemental glued down ranges have a o,55mm wear layer which will take all the punishment meted out at schools. They are warm and comfortable underfoot and are easy to maintain.
On the health front Traviata’s vinyl flooring meets all the requirements and qualifies as “Floor Score” certified in terms of indoor air quality suitable for school classrooms. They are certified to contain no Phthalates, no Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB’s) and no heavy metals. From a safety point of view all Traviata vinyl flooring also qualifies in terms of slip resistance in both wet and dry conditions.The applications in school environments are many and varied. Recent examples include the following:
- King Edward Preparatory School in Johannesburg where Traviloc IsoCore has been installed in classrooms.
- Saint Benedicts School in Bedfordview where Traviloc 5.0 has been installed in the Dormitory rooms.
- Glenwood High School in Durban where Traviloc 5.0 has been installed in the Library and Administration offices.
- Saheti School in Bedfordview where Traviloc 5.0 is installed in the multi-purpose hall which hosts everything from exams to Karate classes.
- The International School in Lusaka where Elemental glued down vinyl has been used throughout.
School flooring also no longer needs to be boring. Traviata now offers not only traditional wood look planks. There are now options which include stone and masonry tile finishes, patterned flooring, solid colours and even abstracts. These ranges offer more options than ever before in combining functionality and modern good looks.For more visit Traviata.