Your living room is more than just a space. Like the name implies, it’s one of the most important rooms in your home. Unlike kitchens or bathrooms, the living room is usually our first thought when it comes to decorating. Whether you’re looking for inspiration to completely redecorate or just want to give your space a quick refresh, we’ve got living room decorating ideas and styling tips to help you create the living room you’ve always dreamed of.
1. Luxurious Textures
In 2018 we are expecting living rooms to become a celebration of luxurious finishes. And nothing says luxury like velvet sofas and plush carpets, complemented by silky cushions for a wonderful feelgood factor.
2. Industrial Chic
Pair your luxurious textures with a bare wall or metallic lighting for the perfect contrast between luxury and industrial chic.
3. Patterns are Pretty
Layer intricate pattern on pattern while keeping the backdrop understated. Spots, stripes, ikat prints and colour block all work together beautifully when united by a harmonious palette.
4. Moody Hues
Moody greys and burnt orange tones create a welcoming, modern scheme. Offset a dark wall colour with sumptuous textures such as a velvet upholstered sofa and a stylish chair in burnished leather.
5. Into the Blue
Blue and white is a classic colour combination that’s perfect for a living room. However, adding a quirky twist to an old theme will bring a modern look to your home. Try going nautical with interesting wallpaper textures.
6. Rich in Pigment Colour is set to be bolder this year. Get braver with colour choices – on both walls and furniture pieces, with brooding violet, navy and striking emerald green all key colours for 2018.
7. Dark and Luxurious 2018 is the year where darker wood tones signify a resurgence for retro glamour for a new take on modern luxe.
8. Gold is Gorgeous Metallics are all the rage now, but gold is having a more refined moment in the living room. Look for brushed, satin, or matt finishes. Aged brass/silver/copper are always in style, but a good matt gold can take it down to another level.
9. Wonder Wall A feature wallpaper helps to emphasise the shape of this open-plan living room makeover. Plain white roller blinds allow the beauty of the traditional sash windows to shine through.
10. Revitalise with Green There are plenty of reasons for being hung up on lush, leafy greenery. As one of the major interior décor trends for 2018, planted beauties don’t just scrub indoor air, it also invigorates décor with a chic 1970s vibe.
Interior décor and design are all but following a standard pattern these days, but when it comes to creating the perfect living atmosphere, clients’ tastes and needs always come first. Whether you want a traditional or contemporary living room, DDL have décor specialists on hand to help you find the décor personality that best fits your style
And if you’re looking for some solid inspiration, why not visit their showroom in Kramerville, Sandton? From décor accessories to made-to-order furniture, they have everything you need to bring your home to life.
For more information on full-service décor and design services, or to schedule a private consultation, call 011 262 5225.