Annie Sloan is widely recognised as the leader in the decorative paint revolution which has taken the world by storm over the last three decades. Now Annie Sloan introduces two new neutrals to the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Palette 2019, with the launch of Chicago Grey and Svenska Blue into the South African market.
Annie says: “Neutrals are the backbone of any colour scheme” and Chicago Grey and Svenska Blue are bound to inspire creativity. These beautiful neutral tones work fabulously with each other as well as a base for other colour schemes.
Chicago Grey is a cool, fresh and modern grey, with a hint of blue. Suggestive of the architecture in Chicago. A perfect neutral for industrial interiors, or muted Scandinavian styling. There are very few Chalk Paint colours this new neutral doesn’t work with. Here a scheme including Paloma, Old Violet and Louis Blue works well with the pattern, stripes and texture of the fabric selection.
Svenska Blue is a traditional Swedish neutral rather than a French-inspired shade. This crisp and cool toned blue-grey is evocative of the colours seen throughout Swedish manor houses in the 17th and 18th Century. This design works with French Linen, Country Grey and Coco which balances the warmer olive tones in the fabric choice.
Available at Annie Sloan Stockists countrywide.
The unique and pioneering properties of Annie Sloan’s original Chalk Paint are:
- It can be used all over the house and garden – Chalk Paint™ adheres to numerous surfaces including: wood, concrete, metal, brass, plastic, glass, brick, stone, terracotta and even fabric
- It can be used without preparation – due to its unparalleled adhesion properties and dense consistency, no priming or sanding is necessary – no removing of old paint (Unless it’s chipping or flaking) , varnish or wax is required – you can paint straight over nearly all existing surfaces
- It dries quickly – with a beautiful velvety matt finish.
- It produces extensive coverage – the highly concentrated formula covers approximately 13 sq. metres per litre, equivalent to a small chest of drawers and one coat is usually sufficient
- It allows you to create your own colours – no mixing is required before use, but you can easily mix two or more Chalk Paint™ colours to create nearly any colour you wish for.
- It allows you to achieve paint effects simply – ie dilute Chalk Paint™ with water to make a wash to feature a wood grain; create a distressed look with fine sandpaper or add Annie Sloan Dark Wax to change the depth of colour.
- Brushes wash out easily & simply with water.
- It is durable – and works well with Clear Annie Sloan Wax or Lacquer to seal furniture, walls and floors, or other painting projects around the house and garden.
- It has eco credentials – Chalk Paint™ is water-based and non-toxic. It is lead free, EG free and virtually odour free. It is naturally low in VOCs with each tin containing 12g/L — all making it ideal for those who are sensitive to traditional paints.
For more visit Annie Sloan.