Incorporating almost 1kg of recycled NetPlus material, the Smart Ocean Chair is the embodiment of Humanscale’s commitment to sustainable manufacturing. It is now available locally through agents FormFunc Studio.Featuring the same Form-Sensing Mesh Technology and transparent functionality as the Diffrient Smart chair, Smart Ocean instantly adjusts to each unique user – as if each chair was made for them. With an aesthetic driven by functionality, Smart Ocean has a timeless beauty that’s universally relevant in any workspace.
Smart Ocean utilises material from discarded ocean fishing nets collected and recycled by Bureo, an emerging venture developing innovative solutions to prevent ocean plastic pollution. The nets are transformed into plastic pellets and then used to manufacture Smart Ocean chairs. Smart Ocean is the first-ever ergonomic chair to be built with recycled nets.Like every Diffrient Smart chair, the Smart Ocean has a lightweight design that minimises the environmental impact of its shipping. Made of 100% recycled aluminium, its simple, modular design makes it easy to disassemble and maintain rather than replace the chair completely. All Diffrient Smart chairs are GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality, GREENGUARD Gold and level® 2 certified.
- Innovative weight-sensitive, self-locking recline mechanism with 20° of movement uses each sitter’s body weight to adjust the tension and recline of the chair.
- Tri-Panel, non-stretch, Form-Sensing Mesh Technology provides perfectly tailored comfort.
- Contoured seat cushions closely follow the body’s shape while a waterfall edge offers long-term comfort, reducing pressure points and providing weight distribution.
- Unique arm design attaches to the back frame to provide support during full range of recline.
- Modular design ensures easy maintenance and allows the user to update the chair’s aesthetic.
- A variety of high-performance textiles and proprietary meshes complement the chair’s form.
- 15-year warranty.
“A smart chair adapts to your weight and shape automatically, as if the chair were made for you personally.” – Niels Diffrient, Industrial Designer, Ergonomics Pioneer
Drawing inspiration from the three dimensional-approach tailors take when creating suits, Niels Diffrient wanted to build a minimal mesh chair with a back that automatically fits the user. As a result, when you sit in our mesh task chairs, they fit you like a perfectly tailored shirt.
Formfunc Studio is Humanscale’s exclusive dealer-partner in Southern Africa.
For more visit FormFunc Studio.