Solent, being the expert on fans, know how important it is to have a clean fan during peak seasons. You can’t see it when they’re spinning around but fans tend to collect a lot of dirt, especially if they’re in or near a kitchen where steam and grease can be a magnet for dust. So seeing as Spring is here, what better time to tackle this project before the weather gets too hot and your fans are in constant rotation.
Clean the fan motor with a damp cloth and an all-purpose cleaner. Don’t let any liquid get into the motor. Water in the motor can cause damage and it will void your warranty.
Dirty fan blades don’t move air efficiently. When cleaning the blades, be careful not to bend them or you could end up a wobbly fan. To fix a wobble, check out these FAQ’s. Follow these tips to get your Solent fan looking like new again in 15 minutes.
Easily remove dust build up from your fan blades and prevent the spread of allergy and sneeze-inducing dust mites throughout your home this Spring.
- Tape down the fan switch to prevent the fan from accidentally being switched on during the cleaning process or turn it off at the main power source.
- If you have carpets, place an old sheet on the floor underneath the fan.
- Make a spray bottle solution of water and 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Spray cleaning solution inside an old pillowcase.
- Stand on a stepladder and slip the case over each blade, pulling back to trap dust.
- Wipe the blades with a microfiber cloth if dirt and dust remains.
- Switch your fan on and voila – your spring cleaning task is done!
Solent Pedestal/Wall Fans
Solent wall and pedestal fans should be cleaned regularly. Before you attempt to clean them, make sure that the fan is unplugged. Dust on both sides of the grill using a vacuum-cleaner brush attachment and clean the blades with a damp cloth and blow the inside bits clean with a hairdryer. Clean the housing with a damp cloth sprayed an all-purpose cleaner.For more visit Solent.