The summer months are great for being outdoors and enjoying the sunshine. However, when it comes to our homes, it can be difficult to regulate the temperature and stay cool during the summer heat.Air conditioning is a great solution that can help you stay cool, comfy and in charge. But there are a few things you need to consider first. Here we share some top considerations from Daikin.
Depending on where your home is located, you may need cooling in summer and a heating solution for your home in winter. In South Africa, this is a difficult balance as we often experience extremes in heat and then cold in the winter months. Thankfully, Daikin gives you a wide range of air conditioning solutions designed for your every home, and for every season.
Even if temperatures reach extreme highs of over 40ºC, don’t sweat it! Daikin’s air conditioning systems have advanced technology which helps to absorb heat from the inside air and dissipate it outside, leaving your home cooler. If you’re never likely to need heating, then a cooling-only air conditioner is the choice for you.
On the other hand, Reverse Cycle Air Conditioners can both heat and cool your home, even when temperatures fluctuate quickly.
2. What system will work for you…
Daikin offers you a huge choice of air conditioning systems for every type of home. Because they have been providing air-conditioned comfort for many decades, they certainly are the experts when it comes to helping you make the right choice.
For example, a Daikin Split System Air Conditioner is ideal if you just want to air condition one room or a specific area. Choose from attractive wall-mounted or compact floor standing units that either cool only or give you reverse cycle heating and cooling.
If you want to beat the heat in a number of rooms, a Daikin Multi-Split air conditioning system gives you the flexibility to climate control each room individually. Using only a single outdoor unit, you can connect as many as 5 indoor units. Choose the perfect indoor unit to blend in unobtrusively with your home’s décor from a range of wall mounted, floor standing, bulkhead, cassettes and ceiling suspended units.
3. Power, size and style
You may think that all air conditioners are created equal, but there’s a huge difference in their size and power. The one that’s just right for you depends on how big or small your space is and the number of rooms you wish to air condition and many other factors.
Choose an air conditioner that’s appropriate for your room size and it will operate much more efficiently. If it’s oversized, it will waste energy, while an undersized model will strain to maintain its temperatures and wear out a lot sooner.
Before you choose your air conditioner, here are some important things to consider which can be best determined by an air conditioning expert such as a qualified Daikin dealer.
- Room size: The size of your room or the area you wish to air condition will be a key indicator for the capacity size and power you will need. The larger the area the higher the air conditioner capacity required. Your air conditioner expert will measure the floor area and height of the room to help determine the most suitable size air conditioner for your home.
- Insulation: The better the insulation in the walls and ceiling of the room, the lower the air conditioner capacity required.
- Window size: The size of your window and insulating properties of the glass will have a greater effect on the size of the air conditioner than the walls and ceilings of the room. Having larger windows in a room may mean a larger capacity system is required because the room its less insulated.
- Aspect: Rooms that are facing east or west may need a different capacity air conditioner compared to a north or south facing room. This is due to the influence of the sun.
- Climate: Homes built near the coast will require different capacity air conditioners compared to inland suburbs or cities.