It’s official: Smart homes are moving into the mainstream here in South Africa. No longer are they only for the early adopters, tech junkies and the wealthy, as they become more accessible to the average homeowner.
In fact, The Smart Home Market Overview released in 2017 reported that the global smart home market almost doubled between June 2016 and June 2017. Then closer to home, household penetration was at 3.6% in 2018 here in South Africa and expected to hit 9.8% in 2022. With an annual growth rate of 37.1% in the next four years, that’s certainly nothing to sneeze at.
So while we were slower on the uptake, South Africans are now beginning to sit up and really take notice of this technology. And with a recent PropertyFox report revealing that our homes are heading towards a dramatic revolution, are you ready to enter this next phase?
To help you get on-board, here’s the top 3 reasons why your smart home would benefit from a smart home product like the MyAir Smart Air Conditioning System.
1. Never Get Too Hot or Too ColdNow you can make your home your ultimate comfort zone. That’s why MyAir has 10 independently controlled zones, or areas in your home, that you can control the airflow from one central hub. Then you also have the option to add on other sensors for additional comfort and tighter control such as:
- Individual Temperature Control (ITC) – Can adjust the airflow to each room of your home for you so you can maintain your ideal temperature
- Exact Air Regulator (EAR) – Can control how much air each zone in your home receives from 5% to 100%
- MyZone – Ensures every room with ITC achieves the temperature you’ve set
benefits of myAir
2. Control your System Anytime, AnywhereOur lives are becoming increasingly interconnected, as smart technology enables us to control the devices in our homes with the touch of a screen. Nowadays, our smartphones and tablets can control our lighting and air conditioners, making the capabilities of the smart home even greater.
And this doesn’t stop at MyAir. The simplistic and intuitive 8-inch smart device manages your home’s entire air conditioning system, all with the tap of a finger. Designed to be a complete home hub, the touch screen is permanently fixed to your wall, so it never needs recharging or goes missing out of action.
Some of the essentials displayed on the homescreen include:
- Whether your system is on or off
- Set to heating or cooling
- The set temperature and fan speed
Not only that, MyAir also comes with its own app that can be installed onto smartphones and tablets, effectively transforming these devices into smart home remote controls. That means when you’re not home you can remotely control your air con from any location in the world. All you need is an internet connection and you’re good to go.
3. Compatible with all Major Brands
Now more than ever South African consumers are focused on value, depending on the brands who can prove that they have:
- A trusted history in the country
- A solid warranty and service offering
- A well-deserved reputation for innovation
Thankfully, the MyAir Smart Air Conditioning System is compatible with some of the biggest players in the industry.
Join the smart home revolution here in South Africa. Find out more by visiting Advantage Air.