When it comes to your precious furniture, wear and tear can easily damage or date your favourite pieces. However, before you decide to toss out some of your valued pieces, why not reupholster and completely reinvent the look and feel of your space!
Here are a few important things to consider before you decide to reupholster:
- Choose the right fabric – consider if it will be resistant to dust, dirt and general wear and tear. You want something durable that will last.
- Synthetic or cotton blend fabrics with a higher thread count often wear the best and are great upholstery options for couches, dining room chairs, headboards and more.
- Consider a fabric protector – this will help to protect your newly upholstered furniture from damage.
- Wool is a great upholstery fabric as it wears well. So are woven designs which are far more durable than printed textiles.
- Consider the colour, texture and print used. A simple chair would look amazing in a contrasting colour to add a pop of vibrancy to your living space.
Perrins Upholstery and Interiors, is a family owned business, which started back in 1962 by Mr RH Perrins. Originally specialising in furniture re-upholstery, now over 50 years later when the reigns were handed down to his son Trevor Perrins, the business saw the metamorphosis of Perrins Upholsterers into areas of furniture design, manufacture, upholstery and interior decorating.
Perrins is the collective success of the owners Trevor and Dariol Perrins, as well as their dedicated and committed team that work passionately and tirelessly to provide the quality and service that their customers deserve.
Perrins personal touch and sense of style provides a warm and inviting atmosphere where you can feel free to envision a furnishing solution that best reflects who you are – if you can imagine it, we can create it. You will be provided with design choices, leather and fabric options, choice of colour, accessory and layout ideas that optimise the space being furnished.
For more visit Perrins.