Make a statement with bold furniture that oozes Industrial chic elegance. Jigsaw Industries brings us the beauty of natural timber, in combination with urban steel in the creation of bespoke furniture pieces.“At Jigsaw we specialize in heavy to super heavy industrial inspired furniture. Our furniture is built to last centuries, they are heirlooms for future generations to come.”
All of their products are handmade using solid real wood tops and can be manufactured from a wide variety of timbers. They particularly love the combination of heavy steel and solid real wood – which radiates with an urban, edgy and industrial ambience.
Jigsaw Industries have a range of standard products and sizes. However they do accept commissioned custom work.
There are 6 types of wood used. This includes:
- Rosewood: This wood has a strong sweet smell, which persists for many years. The grain of Rosewood is interlocked, texture medium to fine. Naturally very durable.
- White Oak: Oak wood has been used as a hardwood timber for thousands of years, yet it takes up to 150 years before the wood from an oak tree can be used for construction.
- Teak: The nature characteristic of teak is its durability in all weather conditions. Teak has an extremely dense grained hardwood that resists rot, warping, shrinking and swelling. Its high natural oil content continually preserves the wood so it can be left outdoors for decades.
- Red Ironbark: The heartwood colour is a deep red, highly durable, hard and dense yet fine grained. The strength and durability of this Australian hardwood has seen it used throughout the ages as a preferred structural timber. It is also ideal for hardwearing areas such as flooring and decking.
- White Poplar: Poplar typically has a straight, uniform grain, with a medium texture. Low natural luster.
- Beech: Beech is typically a pale cream colour, sometimes with a pink or brown hue. Grain is straight, with a fine to medium uniform texture. Moderate natural luster.