Lalegno: The Beauty of Wooden Floors
The Belgian flooring label Lalegno launched almost ten years ago and has grown into one of the leading premium brands in the world of engineered wood. Here engineered wooden floors stem from a deep-rooted respect for nature and the patient craftsmanship of the carpenter. A large range of Oak species in 10 different modules are available in oak that offer a long-lasting solution to ensure a perfect stability of your floor.
Many people have a tendency to completely overlook Wooden Flooring, because it is initially more expensive than carpet and vinyl; however, you ream many great benefits which outweigh the initial additional cost. Good quality wooden floors last for decades – Whereas many people find themselves replacing carpet every 5 years, due to stains, holes or shabbiness form everyday wear and tear. You will find that with a minimal maintenance program, these floors actually look better as the years go by. Wood flooring is more hygienic than carpets. There are some fairly horrifying reports out there detailing the parasites that carpets can harbour. If you were to read these reports you would not go anywhere near a carpet. These allergen producing carpets can be infested with dust mites, fleas or dust that can play havoc with allergy sufferers, whereas a wooden floor eliminates this battle completely, saving you money and extreme discomfort. This is particularly relevant to dog and cat owners. Not only are wooden floors more hygienic, but carpets also trap in unpleasant odours from animals or things that have been spilled. The aroma of a polished wooden floor is a delight and will make your home more inviting. There are also a number of environmental benefits of wood including:
- Indoor air quality is better with wood floors (Source: US Environmental Protection Agency)
- Wood is a carbon neutral product that produces oxygen during its growth cycle and stores carbon during its service life
- Wood floors use less water and energy to produce than other flooring options
- At the end of its service life, wood flooring can be burned as fuel or recycled
- Wood floors last hundreds of years, so won’t need to be replaced as often as other flooring options
- While it takes most hardwood trees 40-60 years to mature, the inventory planted today won’t be needed for 100-plus years (Source: National Wood Flooring Association)
The choice of flooring solutions largely determines the appearance of your home. But not to worry, every Lalegno floor you choose will always get you the best results.
For all Gauteng and KZN enquiries please contact Lalegno Jhb: email@example.com