The flooring you choose for your home is an investment. Upgrade your home by installing a quality floor that is easy to clean and will stand the test of time. FinFloor brings you insider’s knowledge as to what makes a floor a good investment and how it is made.
How do I choose the right floor?
When choosing the right flooring consider the following:
- Your budget. Generally speaking, the thinner board and the thinner the top face, the cheaper the product will be. With both 3-ply and multi-ply options, the thicker the board, the more stable your floor is likely to be, but in places where your subfloor is dry and level, you should be able to get away with a thinner board, which will cost you less.
- The environment. All FinOak engineered planks use less precious Oak flooring than solid oak flooring and is therefore a better choice for the environment. All FinOak products are FSC certified so you can be sure that products come from responsibly managed forests that provide environmental, social and economic benefits.
- The conditions. When you are deciding between HDF, 3-ply and multi-ply engineered wood flooring, it’s important to consider the conditions in your room, as well as the moisture content of the sub floor.
Ultimately when choosing the right flooring for your job, there are many factors to consider, but they usually all come back to the composition and construction of the core. Ask questions of your supplier to understand where and how the flooring is manufactured so you can decide what will work best. If you are armed with some basics about core behaviour you are well on your way to picking the right product for your job.
How it’s made3-ply Core Engineered wood Flooring
Constructed with grains running in different directions, this reduces the natural swelling and shrinking of the wood. The Surface layer is 3mm of Premium European Oak, with 10mm cross structure softwood pine and 1mm Poplar Back face to achieve both Economy and Stability for the Engineered Flooring.
- FINOAK 3ply core – 1860 x 190 x 14/3mm – Clear grade
- FINOAK 3ply core – 1860 x 190 x 14/3mm – Rustic grade
Multi-ply coreEngineered wood flooring
Made up with 3mm Hardwood veneer + 10mm quality plywood structure. The plywood is cross-layered, glued and pressed together, incorporating the Valinge click systems. And a 1mm pine back layer with the same grain direction to the Hardwood veneer.
- FINOAK Multi-layer core – 1860 x 190 x 14/3mm – Rustic grade
- FINOAK Multi-layer core – 2200 x 220 x 14/3mm – Rustic grade
HDF-core Engineered wood flooring
Made of essentially wood waste and makes a much heavier but highly stable and formable substrate with strong edges. The 2mm European Oak Rustic brushed top face is laminated onto the 7mm HDF (High Density Fibreboard) core and mounted onto a 1mm pine core backer for greater dimensional stability.
Available in 1 size:
- FINOAK HDF core – 1210 x 192 x 10/2mm– Rustic grade
For more information visit www.finfloor.co.za or call them on 0860 346 356 for quality flooring advice