Eurolux: 5 Things to Consider When Purchasing A Chandelier
Chandeliers are great for adding light and style in a big way. Whether as a statement piece above your bed, in the living room or as a grand fixture in a hallway or entrance. Eurolux shares five things you need to keep in mind before buying a chandelier.
1. Chandeliers are not exclusively reserved for the dining room so don’t be discouraged from placing them throughout your house. Just be sure to consider the size of the room and the overall look you’re trying to achieve. For example, an elaborate chandelier would work best in a large entrance hall, while a mini chandelier would be a good option for the bathroom.
2. Consider the dimensions of the room to determine the best size chandelier for the space. To work out the ideal chandelier diameter, add the room’s width and height together (in metres) and times that number by 10. To work out the ideal height for the chandelier, measure the room height in centimetres and divide that number by 4. With those measurements in mind, you can now shop with a clearer idea of what will work in your space.
3. Think about the style of your home. You may want your chandelier to be a focal point, but you don’t want it to look completely out of place. Also, remember that not all chandeliers are dripping in crystal. There plenty of low-key options on the market that work well with industrial-inspired spaces and homes with a more minimalist approach.
4. While chandeliers do provide illumination, they can’t be expected to serve all your lighting needs in a room. Layered lighting is still important, so supplement it with sconces and lamps if you can.
5. Once you’ve selected the perfect chandelier for your space, remember that it needs to be cared for. Make a note of the materials used in the design and clean it as needed so that it stays in good condition.
For more visit Eurolux.