The Hall Collection, purveyors of beautiful and luxurious bespoke ranges for the boudoir, are proud to offer some handy tips for the avid traveller. A lack of deep restorative sleep is a problem for many people across the globe. Pain and discomfort during the night is often caused by the wrong mattress and a lack of adequate support. No matter where you go, remember to take into consideration some of these pointers in order to enjoy an uninterrupted night’s rest. The Hall Collection’s tips for travellers:
- The Hall Collection’s cashmere travel set and eye mask is the ideal travel companion to ensure you enjoy a better night’s sleep.
- Earplugs or noise-cancellation head-phones are always a good idea, even on short flights.
- An inflatable sleep pillow is also wise option when travelling coach. While not perfect, it does help your neck maintain a more comfortable position.
- Drink plenty of fluids and avoid alcohol which dehydrates your body at high altitudes.
- Try to eat very lightly during the light- especially when travelling to a different time-zone and meals are served at odd times. To lessen jetlag, it’s important to eat and sleep at the correct times.
- When making a reservation at your destination, inquire about a good mattress. A good mattress will help you get enough rest so that you feel revitalised to make the most out of your stay.
- A decent pillow will transform your night and is always an essential, no matter where you are.
- Request a room that is quiet. Avoid booking rooms by noisy corridors or busy streets.
- Ask if the hotel offers a choice of cotton percale, cotton sateen or linen sheets.
- When staying at a hotel you’ve been to before, try to reserve the same room as familiar surroundings will help you sleep better and feel more at home.