First impressions count; so, naturally, the front entrance of your home should make a memorable statement. Create a visually striking and timeless entrance – whether it’s understated or bold and dramatic – by exercising a little creativity. After all, it’s not just a case of having a front door which can be locked and secured. Entrances are like portals into your home environment and they can easily make or break a decorative scheme. Here are some fresh ideas for bringing the “wow factor” to your doorstep:
- Paint your front door a striking colour to contrast your exterior colour palette for a trendy and modern look.
- Include an ornamental doorway with decorative details that promote opulence and high class luxury.
- Minimalist interiors will do well with understated doors and foyers that boast clean, geometric shapes.
- Consider the walkway or flooring which leads to your front door; contemporary settings often include waterways, pebbles or gravel, while country-inspired homes might incorporate cobblestones or winding path ways.
- Beautiful, oversized vases or outdoor sculptures can do wonders to create a sense of character and sophistication.
- If you want to exude old-world splendour, arches and columns can be used to design grand proscenium-like spaces.
Be inspired here.Images: 1,2,3 Do you have a decor question or query you’d like answered? ASK US and we will get back to you.