Featured Image: www.happinessishomemade.net
Although homework and household chores are necessities that can’t be ignored, they should never become excuses to avoid spending quality time with your family. All too often we can get so bogged down with every-day responsibilities, that we lose sight of what’s really important. So that’s why we need to force ourselves to break away from the rut. And what better way to liven things up and entertain your family, than with a few super fun games! Take a look at Franke’s favourite game ideas and let the fun begin: 1.React And ActImage: www.flickr.com Materials Needed:
How To Play
- Hand each player a pen and paper.
- Get them to think of an event that would cause someone to react (winning the lottery, for example) and then write it down.
- Ensure that they don’t reveal their events to any other player.
- Once each player has written down their event, instruct them to fold their paper in half and drop it in the bowl.
- Mix up the papers to make sure they are in a random order.
- Divide players up into two teams and pick one team to start.
- Ask each player from the chosen team to select a piece of paper from the bowl.
- Instruct them to react to their event without making a sound – they can only use exaggerated gestures and facial expressions. And get them to all react simultaneously on your signal.
- After players have reacted, ask the competing team to guess each event.
- Each correct guess can be awarded a point. Give the other team a turn once the points are totalled, and see how they fare!
2.Two Truths And A LieImage: www.elsgames.com Materials Needed:
- A piece of paper for each player
- Pens for each player
- A Bowl
How To Play
- Give each player a pen and piece of paper.
- Instruct them to think of two true statements about themselves, as well as one lie, and ask them to write these down on their piece of paper without letting anyone else see.
- Get them to fold the paper in half and place it in the bowl.
- Once all players have done this, you can mix up the papers and randomly select a sheet.
- Read the statements out aloud, and ask the players to try guess who wrote it, and whether the statements are true or false.
- Who’s My Match
Image: www.teen.com Materials Needed:
- Sticky notes
- A Pen
How To Play
- Think of the most popular celebrity couples around, and write their names down on a piece of paper.
- ‘Break up’ the couples by writing a single name on each sticky note.
- Hide any mirror or reflective surface that could ruin the game.
- Jumble up the notes and stick one celebrity to the back or forehead of each player.
- The players must now guess their celebrity, as well as their match, by asking other players simple yes or no questions. For example, ‘Do you act in a famous series?’
- Instruct players to only answer questions with a yes or no.
- Ensure that the players only ask one question per person.
- The person with the most correct guesses is the winner.
As they say, ‘there’s no time like the present.’ So go ahead and try these 3 game ideas out, they’re sure to entertain your family and fill your home with infectious cheer!