There is little that can compare to kicking back in a comfy recliner after a stressful day. However, finding the right recliner to fit your body, budget and style is not that easy. Claire Gibson from La-Z-Boy, offers some advice on what to consider when looking for the perfect recliner.
- Consider size: Before you go shopping, make sure you have a clear idea of how much physical space you have allotted for the new recliners. Aside from floor space, you also need to think about which size will fit your body shape best. If space is at a premium, you may want to consider investing in an incliner, instead of a recliner.
- Consider comfort: The only way to work out if a recliner is comfortable is to try it out for a minimum of five minutes. See how it fits, if your feet touch the ground, if the armrests are positioned at a comfortable angle, and if the footrest, seat and back support your entire body.
- Consider durability: Claire notes that any good quality recliner should last for a minimum of 10 years or more. She says that it is important to check out how the recliner is made: “Look at the bones of a recliner to make sure that they have been well crafted and are made from good quality, solid materials.
- Consider style: Recliners are available in a wide variety of modern designs and updated styles to suit any high-end interior. Gone are the days of clumsy, bulky recliners that were comfortable, but also an eyesore.
- Consider added luxuries: Modern recliners can be ordered with a variety of added features to improve your reclining comfort, notes Claire: “A rocker option comes as a standard feature on all La-Z-Boy recliners, which is an especially useful addition for new mothers. Some of the other optional extras include a power incliner for the ultimate in automatic relaxation, and a hi-lift incliner for those who struggle to get in and out of a seated position on their own. La-Z-Boy incliners are also available with the a manual Lay-Flat mechanism for 180-degree reclining comfort, and a swivel option.”