World Food Day is a day that is dedicated to appreciating and valuing the food that we have. Food brings people together, it nurtures and makes people smile. Food should be celebrated every day.
GLAD would like to help you extend the life of your ingredients and favourite dishes, by keeping good food good. GLAD honours food, not only today, but every day by making sure that their products preserve it, increasing its lifespan and encouraging less waste; the proper storage and protection of food will decrease waste significantly. Every little bit counts! Tips for food protection:
- Store extra onions, mushrooms and grated cheese in a GLAD Zip Seal Resealable Freezer Bag and put them in the freezer to use for filling omelettes or topping steaks and hamburgers.
- Veggies that have been opened can be put into GLAD Multi-Fresh Food Bags to keep them fresher for longer.
- Cover bowls of food with GLAD Cling Wrap to prevent the food from drying out and then ultimately being thrown away.
- Freeze bread using large GLAD Zip Seal Resealable Freezer bags and only take out slices that you need – the bread will last almost double its lifetime.
- Pre-preparing meals using perishables in the fridge and then freezing those meals will not only ensure you use the products that could potentially whither and go off. It will also save you time on cooking. Meals can be frozen in the GLAD Zip Seal Resealable Freezer bags.
- Keep food organised and labelled using GLAD Zip Seal Resealable Sandwich bags and GLAD Zip Seal Resealable Freezer bags to avoid cross-contamination between food groups. This will also help keep fridge organised so over-buying is avoided.
GLAD feels strongly about bringing awareness to World Food Day and would like to share the day with you. If you have any experience with food preservation, using any of their products, post it on our Facebook wall so that we can all learn from each other, one household at a time! All GLAD products are made for your convenience with the purpose of keeping your food fresh for longer. GLAD – Keeping Good Food Good. Mark the date down: World Food Day – 16 October 2016 Contact: Glad