This bread is guaranteed to change your opinion about the humble bread loaf. If you haven’t tried cheese and garlic crack bread before, be warned, garlic bread will never be the same again. It’s similar to a-pull apart bread, but it tastes like garlic bread plus you have the mozzarella cheese which stretches wonderfully as you pull bits off. This bread is delicious, you will especially love the way the bread is cut into diamond shapes so you can tear off bite size pieces. Every piece is garlicky, buttery and oh-so-cheesy, kids and adults will devour every piece, there won’t be a morsel left!INGREDIENTS
- 1 crusty loaf, preferably sourdough or Vienna
- ¾ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (or other melting cheese)
- 100g/3.5oz unsalted butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅜ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Melt butter and then mix in other Garlic Butter ingredients.
- Cut the bread on a diagonal into 2cm/1″ diamonds but do not cut all the way through the bread (just like you would cut a french stick for garlic bread).
- Use your fingers or a knife to pry open each crack and drizzle in a teaspoon of butter and stuff in a pinch of cheese. This might sound like a bit of an effort, but I promise you it is worth it! You don’t need to be super neat, it’s nice to have some of the butter drizzled over the crust.
- Wrap with foil and bake for 15minutes until the cheese has mostly melted, then unwrap and bake for 5 minutes more to make the bread nice and crusty.
- Serve immediately and Enjoy!
Image and recipe spotted on Recipe Tin Eats