We are salivating today on the thought of making these bazaar fudge pieces. The look so delicious and succulent. That sugary sweet smell and taste of pure delight of Illovo Sugar. I think we are sneaking out of our HQ to make these.
1,365kg Illovo White Sugar
150g butter or margarine
397g can full cream condensed milk
250ml Illovo Golden Syrup
2ml Cream of Tartar
10ml vanilla essence
- Grease a large oven tray.
- Combine the margarine, sugar, condensed milk, milk and syrup in a medium saucepan, stirring over low heat until mixture forms a smooth sauce and has come to the boil. It is important to dissolve the sugar completely before allowing the mixture to boil.
- Stir in Cream of Tartar and boil to Soft Ball Stage (115˚C) – approximately 20 minutes. Stir constantly over moderate heat to prevent mixture sticking on pot base.
- Remove mixture from stove and add in essence. Using an electric hand mixer beat the mixture to a thickened sauce consistency.
- Pour mixture into greased pan and set aside to set.
- Cut into squares and store.