Enjoy this crisp apple, cranberry and walnut salad as a light lunch or side dish to any main meal. As simple as it is delicious, this quick summer salad boasts so many nutritional benefits. Have fun playing with the ingredients and dressings to create a flavour sensation that’s perfect for your palate. Recipe credit: lecremedelacrumb.com
- 6 cups salad (recommended: combo of arugula and baby spinach, but any spring green mix will do)
- 1 red apple
- 1 green apple
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped (such as Diamond of California)
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup apple juice
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar in a pinch)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- scant ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup oil
- Core and chop apples (thin slices or 1 inch chunks). Toss lettuce, apples, walnuts, feta, and cranberries together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Toss with salad immediately before serving. Enjoy!