Dandelion Designs: Tips For A Warm, Cosy Winter Abode
Winter calls for comfortable interiors to keep the heat indoors. Dandelion Designs embraces the latest winter trends and creating spaces that echo a cosy, warm and inviting ambience. Here we take a look at their latest project completed in Hilton, KZN, with some top tips to help you achieve a warm, cosy winter abode in your own home.
This Hilton project features a warm and cosy interior that embraces the winter season with layers of soft textures, warm earthy colours and a beautiful custom fireplace with hexagon tile surround. It is a beautifully inviting space where a mix of textures and finishes work together to add a warm, rich tone.
The house is a new build and the Dandelion Designs’ team worked alongside the homeowner to select and design each element. Together they designed indoor entertainment spaces so that the owner could comfortably have friends round, sit at the bar area or dine and cook at the indoor braai area throughout the year.
Achieve a warm, winter vibe in your own home with some of our top tips:
- Choose warm earthy tones to add depth and create an intimate and cosy ambience indoors.
- Lighting is everything. The right illumination can enhance a beautiful winter setting.
- Wood is a timeless material that can create the illusion of depth and warmth indoors. Choose quality wooden pieces and incorporate these into your interior design.
- Plush textures add to the comfort level of a space. Consider adding soft textiles like throws, scatters and more to make your room feel cosier.
- Neutrals are timeless and can be dressed up or down, depending on the season. Top tip: Choose a beautiful neutral couch in a classic grey, brown or beige tone which you can accessorize according to the seasons.
- Carefully plan indoor spaces for entertaining throughout the cooler months. It’s great to entertain on a patio or in a garden during summer, but during winter you want to create cosy, intimate spaces inside to enjoy with your loved ones.
- Invest in a fireplace for added warmth and luxury. Imagine getting cosy with your friends while a fire blazes indoors and keeps the heat in!
Dandelion Designs is run by duo Caryn Overton and Katherine McIntosh who share a love of exploration, travel and interior design. “Our vision is to give our clients the ability to live well in spaces that evoke a sense of peace.”
For more visit Dandelion Designs.
- Interior Designers & Decorators