This yoghurt bread may sound a little unusual and strange but just look at how appetising and delicious it looks! Why don’t you try it for yourself? Serve warm with butter and jam, or even throw some berries into the mix before baking for those yummy fruity flavours.
500ml wholewheat flour
500ml cake flour (240g)
8ml bicarbonate of soda
560ml plain yoghurt
60ml Illovo Maple Syrup
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C. Grease medium size loaf pan
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
3. Blend yoghurt and syrup together pour onto dry ingredients, blending together thoroughly.
4. Spoon mixture evenly into prepared pan and bake for 50 – 60 minutes.
5. Serve warm with lashings of butter.
Makes 1 loaf