Microwave combination ovens combine the speed of a microwave, with the browning, crisping and baking abilities of a convection oven. Says Mercia de Jager form Miele: “We all know how convenient a microwave oven is – it is ideal for reheating leftovers, cooking convenience foods, steaming vegetables, melting butter or chocolate, or even popping popcorn. However, nothing can beat a convection oven when it comes to browning, baking and grilling. The Microwave combination oven however, offers its users the best of both worlds – the speed and convenience of a microwave, as well as the best qualities of the convection oven – all amalgamated into one neat package.” We are loving Miele’s innovation. Take a look.Cooking functions: The more cooking functions a microwave combination oven boasts, the more you can do with it. Mercia notes that Miele’s microwave combination ovens boast the following functions:
- Fan plus / Fan grill / Auto roast
- Gentle bake / Defrost / Low temperature cooking
- Various grill settings
- Intensive bake / Conventional heat / Bottom heat
- Microwave solo
- Microwave with Grill and Fan grill
- Microwave with Fan plus
- Microwave with Auto roast
- Automatic programmes / Sabbath mode
Convenience features: Although many features are not 100% necessary, they do tend to make life so much easier. For added convenience, Miele’s range of microwave combination ovens for example, offers the following convenience features:
- The Popcorn function to make fresh popcorn at a touch of a single button.
- Clock / date / minute display to tell the time
- Start-stop programming, so that you can programme the oven to switch on and off when you are not able to do it manually.
- Auto switch-off for added safety.
- Actual temperature display for added cooking accuracy.
- Quick start for microwave solo functions.