105g castor sugar (125ml)
300g Ricotta cheese
250g tub Mascarpone cheese
150g green fig jam
100g Illovo Ginger in Syrup, chopped
100g Maraschino cherries, halved
100g Albany chocolate, grated and finely chopped
250ml fresh cream, stiffly whipped
200g finger biscuits
375ml hot strong black coffee
Illovo Chocolate Sauce
Chocolate for decoration (optional)
- Beat the castor sugar and Ricotta cheese together until smooth. Add Mascarpone cheese and continue beating until mixed in.
- Mix in the fig jam, ginger, cherries and grated chocolate, and lastly, gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Dip finger biscuits one at a time into the coffee, and place, into rows, onto the base of a square dish. Spread half the cheese mixture over the first row of biscuits and drizzle generously with chocolate sauce.
- Repeat this process of dipped biscuits, chocolate sauce and cheese mixture to end off.
- Lightly sieve cocoa powder across the top of the pudding.
- Cover and refrigerate.
To decorate, melt chocolate and spread over bubble wrap plastic. Once set, remove and break into shards.