Inspire: Christmas Gift Guide
December is here and if you haven’t started your Christmas shopping, now is a better time than any. Anita Bloom, Creative Director of Inspire Trade Expo, has compiled a list of her favourite stores and labels to browse for gifts and goodies. Take a look at the helpful gift guide below and let your creativity run free.
Top 10 Gift-Worthy Stores:
1. Flowermill Stationery Co: designers and creators of greeting cards, tags, wrapping paper and other stationery items to help you gift wrap like a pro this Christmas.
2. Ronel Jordaan: consistent with being inspired by nature, the Ronel Jordaan name is harmonious with nature. All processes implemented in the workshop are ecofriendly. Products include magnificent decorative items, homeware and small furnishings that are guaranteed to bring a smile to someone’s face this holiday.
3. L’emile et Son: this concept design house stocks all the greatest aspects of inspiring design. Popular brands include Black+blum, Boskke, J-me, Covo and French Bull to name a few.
4. Studio No 19: aiming to bring back care and creativity in product design, the brand’s spectacular products include cloths, furniture, lights and small decorative items to form the perfect Christmas gift for a loved one- or yourself!
5. Carrol Boyes: boasting beautiful designer glassware, ceramics and stainless steel products among countless others, Carrol Boyes’ extensive array has something for everyone. The upmarket lifestyle offerings will certainly introduce an element of finesse and inimitable style into any space they grace.
6. Ceramic Factory: having grown into its title as the leading ceramic supplier in South Africa, Ceramic Factory produces bespoke objects of desire and have mastered the art of mould making, Bisque, Glazing and Finish Products. Functionality and fun are set at the heart of this brand’s ethos. Browse the vast range of new arrivals to find something special and dear to you.
7. ORA The Outdoor Boutique: presenting only the finest European Brands, ORA offers a great variety of outdoor furniture, umbrellas, pergolas, shade sails, planters, outdoor lights and accessories in assorted styles, colours and sizes. Find something special to give to you loved one this season among ORA’s extensive range.
8. Head on Design: creators of beautiful objects which make massive statements. This year, we’re in love with the Afro-chic animal “trophy” heads which, being made from recycled and natural materials, pose an ironic twist.
9. Ballack Art House: bring original art back into the home space with artist Ivan Ballack’s photography and designs. The collection comprises of locally produced collector’s canvas prints, soft goods and paper products that echo sheer beauty, meaning you’re guaranteed to stumble across an item that’s too breath-taking to resist!
10. Bunny & Clyde: designers and manufacturers of solid wooden cribs and nursery furniture, using only sustainable wood and 100% solvent-free non-toxic paint and sealants. The brand offers made-to-order services to boot. Their elegant and timeless designs are convertible so that functionality extends beyond the nursery and into your home environment. Every piece is built to last for the generations to come and are hand-made locally by skilled craftsmen.