French Toast with Illovo Traditional Syrup
Its our BAKE-OFF Monday and we have such a treat in time to end off our Winter blues. French toast can be eaten for breakfast, for brunch, for lunch, for dinner and for a mid night sneaky snack. Illovo shows us how to make French toast with Flare and of course their amazing Traditional Syrup, which is our favourite. Dont forget to enter the Life is Sweeter’ competition to win. You could win a R50,000 AEG South Africa kitchen makeover, prizes include a fridge, oven, microwave and more! Enter your details online here for your chance to win.
2 large Chelsea buns cut into 4 x 2,5cm thick slices each
+/- 50ml orange marmalade
50ml margarine and oil mix for frying
- Cut down into the top crust of each slice to form a pocket.
- Fill each hole with a teaspoonful of marmalade (a toothpick can be inserted near crust to secure the opening).
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a small bowl.
- Dip bun slices into egg mixture to soak briefly, turning over once.
- Heat margarine and oil in a frying pan and fry each slice until golden brown and crisp on both sides – approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon and Illovo Traditional Syrup
Makes 8 slices