For summer pies bursting with fruit and tangy, fresh, juicy flavours, try our scrumptious recipe! You can never get enough of yummy fruits this time of year, and served with a little cream, custard or vanilla ice cream… it will be everyone’s new favourite! Enjoy!Ingredients: *Makes 4 pies Illovo Traditional Syrup 400g roll frozen puff pastry, thoroughly thawed Filling (choose from the following ideas): Sliced banana or canned apple with ground cinnamon OR Drained stewed fruit OR thin fresh pear and strawberry slices OR smooth cottage cheese and grated lemon rind Method:
- Heat a non-stick snackwich-maker until it has reached cooking temperature.
- Unroll thawed pastry and using a rolling pin, roll out a little more.
- Spread a layer of syrup evenly over the entire pastry top surface.
- Cut pastry into 8 equal squares and place pastry square onto lower surfaces of heated sandwich maker. Spoon filling of choice onto centre of each.
- Top each one with another pastry square.
- Close down lid of sandwich maker and cook until pie is evenly crisp and golden brown. Do not be in a rush to remove too early. Remove two pies and repeat process with remaining 4 pastry squares.
- Spread a thin layer of Illovo Traditional Syrup over each and serve immediately with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream