A summers morning always deserves a shining breakfast, why not try this recipe using Illovo Maple Syrup and Illovo Treacle Sugar. The banana and Maple Muffins are sure to give you a kickstart! Take a look at how you can make these delicious treats…
Banana Maple Muffins
250ml low fat milk
250ml Illovo Maple Syrup
125ml Illovo Treacle Sugar
60g soft margarine
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 medium bananas, well mashed
375ml oat bran
360g cake flour (750ml)
7ml bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 200˚C. Grease two deep muffin pans.
- Heat milk, syrup and sugar together over low heat, stirring until dissolved. Do not bring to the boil. Add margarine and set aside to cool until lukewarm.
- Add in beaten eggs and mashed banana, mixing well.
- Blend in the oat bran, flour, salt and bicarbonate, taking care to only just combine ingredients and not over mix.
- Pour mixture into muffin pans 2/3rds full, and bake for 15 minutes until well risen and browned.
- Split and spread with butter and drizzle with Illovo Maple Syrup.