Immaculate Cleaning: 5 Essential Tips For A Cleaner Home
With the spread of infection and viruses a top concern of many around the world at the moment, we can take extra precautions to stay safe and germ-free in our own homes. Here we share the different types of cleaning techniques with five essential tips for a cleaner home.
Cleaning vs Sanitizing vs Disinfecting. Is there a difference? Let’s take a look at what exactly these three terms mean and how you can keep your interior germ-free during this difficult season.
Cleaning removes germs, dirt and impurities from surfaces or objects. Cleaning works by using soap or detergent and water to physically remove germs from surfaces. This process does not necessarily kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.
Sanitizing lowers the numbers of germs on surfaces or objects to a safe level, as judged by public health standards of requirements. This process works by either cleaning or disinfecting surfaces or objects to lower the risk of spreading infection.
Disinfection kills germs on surfaces or objects. Disinfecting works by using chemicals to kill germs on surfaces or objects. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces or remove germs, but by killing germs on a surface after cleaning, it can further lower the risk of spreading infection.
How can you keep your home cleaner for longer?
- Don’t forget the floors. With so many flooring materials on offer today, you may be spoiled for choice. However, each material may require a different cleaning technique to ensure a clean and hygenic floor. Wooden floor cleaner may differ from tile floor cleaners and depending on the make up of your carpets, you may need to source the right cleaning products to get the job done well.
- Carpets can become a breeding ground for dirt. Regularly wash and disinfect your floors and carpets. Fibre specific cleaning methods are often best for fixed carpets that receive a heavy footfall. A professional cleaning service often has the know-how and resources to offer a deep clean of your floors and carpets.
- Clean your upholstery. Sofas, chairs, beds and more. Any upholstered material in your home may be overlooked as a place where germs can linger. Be sure to vacuum or dust these regularly and invest in a professional clean every few months to ensure the longevity of your precious items.
- Curtain cleaning. Another often forgotten area in the home relates to your windows and more specifically your curtains. A place where dust can easily gather, your curtains should be cleaned regularly to keep them in pristine condition. FIf you’re worried about maintenance or shrinkage, professional cleaners may offer factory washing or dry solvent cleaning for your curtains to help maintain them.
- Wipe down frequently touched surfaces. With the fear of bringing Covid-19 and other viruses into our homes, it is important to wipe down all surfaces such as door handles, taps, switches and more to avoid the spread of germs. Alcohol-based cleaning products are recommended to help kill the virus.
If you are in need of specialised cleaning at home, Immaculate Cleaning will revitalise your carpets, curtains, and upholstered furniture with specialised cleaning techniques tailored to your needs, and the specific fibre content of your soft furnishings.
Based in Kew, Johannesburg, they’ll send consultants out to your home or office, and assess your carpet, curtain or upholstery cleaning needs. These on-the-road teams can come in and take care of all your fitted carpets and upholstery, while the curtain cleaning team will take your curtains to the factory, and re-hang and steam them for you once they’re cleaned and pressed. Loose rugs are collected by the carpet cleaning team, for expert cleaning at the factory and delivered back to you with a new lease on life.
For more visit Immaculate Cleaning.
- Cleaning Solutions