Builders Warehouse: Reasons to stay indoors this winter
Keep warm this winter with some fun DIY projects to cosy up your home, a new fireplace, or a little pruning in the garden.
Winter is the touchy-feely season, when snuggling seems just right, and it’s okay to slouch on the couch with your feet under a fluffy throw. Keep up with the trends and ideas for the season:
- Bedroom Bliss: Nothing aids a good night sleep like a calming colour scheme. Paint your walls with Modo’s Sailing, then add distressed wood, charcoal bedding and a duck-egg throw.
- Winter DIYS: Turn a tree stump into a table or make decorative logs from cardboard.
- Keep it natural: Grey is ‘evergreen’ and its many shades mean you’ll find one to harmonise with any colour scheme. Use it in small accents.
Let winter be your friend with these tips:
- Choose a fireplace that doesn’t need too much maintenance, you don’t want to be cleaning out the ash everyday. A well placed fireplace offers two important things: ambience and warmth. So choose a fireplace that accomodates to your needs.
- Load shedding doesn’t necessarily mean you can’t cook. Try your gas cooker or braai grid to conjour some magic for the mouths. Even though it might expect you to get out in the cold, the fire will warm you up, while you grill and boil your dinner.
- Make way for the new and start pruning the plants. Remove dead leaves, seal large cuts and open the centre of fruit trees to let the fruit ripen.
- Be Inspired