Many couples make use of two beds to get a better night’s sleep. But is sleeping in different bedrooms taking it a step too far? US magazine recently reported that President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania rarely share a bedroom, whether living in the same state or not. Whilst the Trump’s sleeping arrangements seem to be getting a lot of bad press, many sleep experts are saying it’s not such a bad thing. In fact, many happily married couples opt for separate bedrooms in a quest for better sleep.
Here are the pros and cons to consider:
PROs of separate beds:
- If your partner snores or has restless legs syndrome, your sleep is disturbed. In your own bed, you will get a better night’s sleep, which enhances how you feel about yourself and your close personal relationships (that’s more warm and fuzzy feelings all around).
- Double the bedding (you don’t have to share the duvet!).
- Sleeping well makes you more productive at home (less squabbling about the dishes).
- Sleeping well makes you more productive at work (less squabbling over money troubles).
CONs of separate beds:
- Considerably less intimacy and closeness (and unplanned romantic encounters).
- Even though one in four married couples sleep in separate beds, many people feel embarrassed by the decision to do so.
- More anxiety about safety and security (there is no one to nudge awake when you hear scary sounds late at night).
- Double the bedding (you will need to wash an extra set of linen).
- Double the cost when travelling (no cashing in on per person sharing vacay deals).
But what if you could have the best of both worlds? Imagine a mattress that limits partner disturbance by using individually wrapped springs/pockets. With the Sealy Crown Jewel Posture Pocket both partners get what they need to get a good night’s sleep.
The range consists of:
- Nested pocket – firm comfort catering for the heavier sleeper.
- Soft Touch pocket – medium comfort.
- Pocket-on-Pocket – plush comfort.
Get to your nearest Sealy stockist to experience this sleep technology for yourself. You may just get to keep your loved one at your side all night long!